Re: [FW-1] Stable version of IPSO 3.7 , AI and HFA for fresh inst all

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Stable version of IPSO 3.7 , AI and HFA for fresh inst all
  • From: Chris Hoff <[email protected]>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:41:41 -0500
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

I do not agree with the statement use any version. Versions prior to
build 028 have the OpenSSH and OpenSSL vulnerabilities in them, and
should be avoided if you are doing a fresh install. I like the idea of
using another OS for the management, and maybe SecurePlatform is another
good alternative since it installs in minutes and is already hardened.

Good luck,

Chris