Re: [FW-1] CiSCO Commands for "Use Perfect Forward Secrecy"

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] CiSCO Commands for "Use Perfect Forward Secrecy"
  • From: Haris Klitiropoulos <[email protected]>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:47:39 +0300
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Chontzopoulos Dimitris wrote:

Hello gurus of the list,

This may be an Off-Topic so I apologize. I just have a quick question. Is there a way to create a VPN tunnel between a CP
VPN-1 v4.1 SP3 and with a CiSCO Router by *enabling* "Use perfect Forward Secrecy" of the Firewall? I have established a
VPN tunnel, but I really don't know if there are appropriate commands for the CiSCO Router to support this feature.

Below are the commands I used on the CiSCO side:

Access-list 101 permit ip ..xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Access-list 101 permit ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Crypto isakmp policy 10
authentication pre-share
encryption des
hash md5
group 2

Crypto isakmp key abcdefghij address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Crypro ipsec transform-set testset esp-des esp-md5-hmac

Crypto map testmap 10 ipsec-isakmp
set peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
set transform-set testset
match address 101

Interface Ethernet 0
Crypto map testmap

Cheers,

Dimitris.

Hello,

just did a quick search in Cisco's site and came up with the following
documents:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a0080087a9a.html
However, I don't know if it is supported by your hardware/firmware...

--
Haris Klitiropoulos
Data Communication Engineer