[FW-1] Internal WWW site access problem

We currently have a problem accessing web servers located on the same
segment as our ISA (Proxy) server.
We have multiple web servers on our DMZ each with a static internal address.

 In the example, there is webserver #1, 10.1.1.3 and web server #2, 10.1.1.4

Machines on the internet and other segments of our network can reach the web
servers without problems when connecting directly.

i.e.  "Internal PC" can view the websites if accessing directly.
        PC on the internet also has no problem.

The problem is that when users try to access the web server via the proxy,
the connection is very very slow.
The servers on the DMZ all have static NAT assigned via fw-1.

    i.e.                       Internal       External
        Web Server #1  10.1.1.3      211.10.9.3
        Web Server #2  10.1.1.4      211.10.9.4
        ISA Server        10.1.1.2      211.10.9.2

When connecting via proxy, it is attempting to connect via the external IP
address.
and the proxy's external address shows in the web server log, but the site
is very slow.
It is so slow that the page times out more than 50% of the time

Do you know why this problem is occuring?

Thank you in advance.
Nobuyuki Abe