Re: [FW-1] Active Directory Authentication

I've never set it up but AD certainly does work with Radius, i.e. IAS.

You could of course use a Windows certificate server.

BR

Rob

|---------+-------------------------------------------->
|         |           Hadmut Danisch                   |
|         |           <[email protected]>              |
|         |           Sent by: Mailing list for        |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           KPOINT.COM>                      |
|         |                                            |
|         |                                            |
|         |           08/10/2003 21:24                 |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list   |
|         |           for discussion of Firewall-1     |
|         |                                            |
|---------+-------------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       [email protected]                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [FW-1] Active Directory Authentication                                       |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I'd like to connect a Checkpoint NG-AI to a Microsoft
Active Directory such that it uses the AD user database
without further user management:

I'm querying the AD as a LDAP user group which
works well to find the user. But how can the
Checkpoint verify the password given by the user?

One solution would be to extend the LDAP Schema and
to store the FW-1 passwords on the LDAP server, but that's
not desired. There should be no further passwords, just the
passwords the users use to login at the Windows machines.

Another solution would be to configure the Checkpoint to
query a RADIUS/TACACS server. ADS doesn't play RADIUS, does it?

So what's the simplest way to allow users to authenticate against
the Checkpoint (user auth/secure client) with the same password they
use at their windows machines?

regards
Hadmut

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are in
commercial confidence and intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify the
Administrator by E-mail ([email protected]).
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
DEK International., or its affiliates.

www.dek.com