Re: [FW-1] scans through HTTP

v.r wrote:

My pc is behind the firewall and recently i cameacross
a site where it checks for the pc security. When the
activex controls are enabled in my IE , that scan is
able to show all my folder contents and also able to
even open my CD drive. But the scan fails when i
disable the active x controls.

i think that this sort of scan is happening with the
existing TCP session opened with that website.

is there any way that we can restrict at firewall
level for these sort of happenings as we cannot ask
the thousands of users to change their IE settings?

I don't think so

will the application intelligence in checkpoint
firewall can deal with this sort of things??

With 3rd party products (e.g. Websense) you can control the content of HTTP. But if any of these security sites or anything else is using HTTPS, the control can't work. The best way is a well configured and maintained client

HTH
Micha Borrmann