[FW-1] How to add a route to Nokia

Hello,

There are alternatives to using the voyager interface (whether through text-based or graphical browsers). It is much easier to configure this (i.e. less time consuming) through Voyager so it is certainly worth your while to familiarise yourself with that interface no matter what.

Anyway, from IPSO 3.6.x one can 'invoke' (I love that word!) a command line shell by typing:

#clish

then, the syntax is as:

>set static-route default nexthop gateway <gateway type> gateway_address priority &lt1-8> on

and an example is:

>set static-route 10.10.11.0/24 nexthop gateway address 10.10.10.2 priority 1 on

To be fair, the above is all on the nokia support knowledge base.

If you are feeling like being a techie, you could also mount the drive read/write by typing:

#mount -o rw /dev/<your partition>

You might then be able to use the route command but I'm not sure. It certainly isn't officially supported by Nokia themselves.

Even so, You'll still need to add the command manually in to the /config/active file. I suggest using the clish method first, in order to add one static route to this active file so that you can then copy the syntax _precisely_ ;). Not much point thereafter though really...

Have fun,

An aspiring Command line commando.