Re: [FW-1] vpn/securemote question.

You will need to create a 'site' on the SR client to site B, which will
download the topo as specified in site B's encryption domain.
This will give you a VPN to site A and a second VPN to site B.
On site B's fw you will have to set up a user account etc.  If you set up
the same UID and pw as you did on site A then the SR client can tick the
'remember password' checkbox.  This should (although it does not in my
experience) remember the pw the user entered when authenticating site A and
send it to site B.

If you use something like SecurID then things get more complicated - good
luck if you do - you're out of my experience there!

Julan Burton

|---------+-------------------------------------------->
|         |           Ulysees <[email protected]>    |
|         |           Sent by: Mailing list for        |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           KPOINT.COM>                      |
|         |                                            |
|         |                                            |
|         |           03/10/2003 18:56                 |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list   |
|         |           for discussion of Firewall-1     |
|         |                                            |
|---------+-------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |       To:       [email protected]                                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                                       |
  |       Subject:  [FW-1] vpn/securemote question.                                                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've been racking my brains for a few hours on a rulebase to do this and I
can't get it to work.
2 sites running NG FP3 hf2+ssl, vpn set up between the 2 of them using a
community and limited traffic flowing between the 2 of them.
I have some securemote users off site A who access exchange & a few other
things as they roam.

Some of that traffic is not allowed in the VPN between site A & site B as
it
would saturate the link between them,
however I want any of my securemote users to be able to roam onto the B
network and access the services they would normally access via securemote
from there.

I thought it'd be a case that Securemote authenticates to the firewall at
site A and establishes a tunnel to it (have allowed that in the rulebase on
B),
however in the fw log on site A I get "Encryption failure: Different
community ID, possible NAT problem (VPN Error code 02)" on the ike rule
The Nat rules that apply are
allinternalnets to allinternalnets = original to original
net A to any = FW A(hide) to original
net B to any = FW B(hide) to original

Anybody got any ideas where it's going wrong or a better way of doing it ?

Uly

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet.

Zenith Insurance Management Limited    Registered No. 3805632
Registered @ Zenith House, Market Place, Haywards Heath,
West Sus, RH16 1DB.

NOTICE:
the [email protected] and delete the message
and any attachments accompanying it immediately.