trying to
encrypt the communications?

Lori

At 12:00 PM 9/26/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Rainer,

this sounds familiar...think it could be an ongoing "feature" of FW-1
which I came across in 4.1. Basically the illegal addresses are
encrpyted..then the fw comes to nat them to their legal addresses without
encryption..there was a fix for 4.1 don't know about NG, perhaps ask your
support company about it / checkpoint...

Sorry I can't help further.

Paul.

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: 26 September 2003 11:39
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] VPN between two firewalls

Hello,

we have two offices both with NG FP3 firewalls. We want to use encrypted
connections between the two offices. I created interoperable devices on
both offices with the same secret.

Office A has official IP addresses, office B uses NAT.

I created rules on both offices that incoming and outgoinig connections
between both firewalls shall be encrypted.

From office A I can reach (telnet, ping) machines in office B (with 1:1
NAT) but from office B I can't communicate with office A (no telnet, no
ping). Normal connections (rules without encryption) work in both
directions.

Any idea what I did wrong? Has anyone a good documentation about
encryption and NAT?

regards Rainer

--
Rainer Freis                                    Leiter
Systemadministration

santix AG      Weihenstephaner Str. 4
D-85716 Unterschleissheim
Phone: (+49) 89 321506-24            Fax  : (+49) 89 321506-99

You don't know what real time-critical software is until you're
responsible for the paychecks of a battalion of heavily armed
Marines.  (somebody in alt.sysadmin.recovery)

Regards,

Lori Edens
Schlumberger Sema
Networking and Infrastructure Solutions