Re: [FW-1] tool that alerts port scanning and DOS

Raymond,
We have published an updated version of the INDEX - The Information Security
Links. I do not pretend that this list contains ALL important links but it's
sufficient for many types of searches. The list is used by many students
learning Information Security topics and by IT security practitioners all
around the world. I believe you can find the tool you asked for.
http://www.rtek2000.com/Tech/InternetSecureLinks.html

The INDEX contains the following Major Sections:
 * Check Point Firewall-1
 * General Protocols/Services
 * Security Tools
 * Special Services
 * Web Security Info
 * Anti-Virus/Spam War
 * IT Certifications

There are the following Sub-Sections (use mouse-over): --Protocols/Services
--Port Numbers --IANA RFCs, etc --DNS-related --WHOIS --NTP Protocol
--MTU-related --IPv6 protocol --Majordomo and mailing lists

--Packet Storm Tools
--Hacking Tools
--Intrusion Detection Tools
--Content Filtering Tools
--Usage Reporting Tools
--Logs Analysis Tools
--Security Policies
--Personal FW and Honeypots
--Other Firewalls
--Net Security Appliances

--Cisco Routers with FW-1
--Performance Comparison
--Authentication/RADIUS Tools
--Penetration Testing
--Encryption: Mobil Tools
--PGP/Crypto Encryption
--PKI
--HA/Load Balancing

--Vendors Security Patches
--Hardening OSs and Web Servers
--Incident Response Centers
--Web Security Resources
--FAQ on Information Security
--News: Vulnerabilities/Bugs
--Web Security Articles
--Mailing Lists/Archives

--ANTI-VIRUS Tools
--Virus Info and Vendors
--Virus MYTHS and HOAXES
--Anti-Spam War

 If you found any problems with links/web sites please drop me a short note.
I would also appreciate for suggestions on including additional links. Let's
make our job easier! You might also want to check this INDEX:
http://www.rtek2000.com/ouruseful.html
Njoy!

Best regards,
Roman M. Zeltser,
@National Computer Center
DNE, RSIS
Information Security Index
*** Securing your retirement money from hackers.***