Re: [FW-1] Outbound SMTP Resource

At 09:08 23.09.2003 +0200, you wrote:
Greetings!

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:27:55 -0700 dbronwsk <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have the following problem with my NG FP3 (HF2) on SunOS 5.8. When
> using the SMTP resource for outbound e-mails (CVP w/ InterScan
> Viruswall), the firewall module replaces the source IP address of the
> message (original MX record) by it's own IP, what causes an error of
> reverse verification. Does somebody knows what can be causing this
> behavior ?

Known behaviour of CKP's SMTP ressource since 4.x (and probably even
older).

that's the way a proxy works. if you use fw1 security server fw1 acts as a proxy.

fix: have a dns forward and reverse-lookup for your firewall's IP-address

cheers
reinhard

--
!! NEUE SNAIL-MAIL-ADRESSE !!
Reinhard Stich, ASSIST [email protected]