[FW-1] Fw: [FW-1] Slow traffic through NG-FP4

Hi Hadmut,

Check if you have enabled "UDP protocol enforcment" in Smartdefense (could
be found in Application Intelligence -> DNS). Probably this option cause
your delays.

Regards,

Stefan

|---------+-------------------------------------------->
|         |           Hadmut Danisch                   |
|         |           <[email protected]>              |
|         |           Sent by: Mailing list for        |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           KPOINT.COM>                      |
|         |                                            |
|         |                                            |
|         |           18.09.2003 10:15                 |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list   |
|         |           for discussion of Firewall-1     |
|---------+-------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                               |
  |        To:      [email protected]                                    |
  |        cc:                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: [FW-1] Slow traffic through NG-FP4                                            |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I just installed a NG-FP4 on a Sun Sparc (Sol9), but
now I received a phone call, that HTTP and SMTP traffic
is extremely slow through the gateway.

A first analysis showed that the tcp connection for
a HTTP request works well and the HTTP query can be
sent properly, but the response is delayed for exactly
50 seconds. This smells like a DNS problem, but I didn't
configure the enforcement point to use DNS. I guess the
AI is causing the delay.

Any idea what could be the problem?

regards
Hadmut