Re: [FW-1] HTTPS issue with NG FP3 user auth

Hey...Vijay...!!!

You are having problems with https?
Ok, follow this resolution...
Bye.

loop

Follow the workaround below:

1.  Stop the FireWall using the fwstop command.
2.  Modify the file $FWDIR/conf/fwauthd.conf.  Add the following at
the top of the file:

443 in.ahttpd wait 0

3.  The entry should be similar to others that are already listed in
the file. (Be aware on NT: When you open this file with edit.com from
the command prompt, it will only recognize 8.3 file names. You can
verify that you are in the proper file because you will see several
lines similar to the one listed above).
4.  Re-start the FireWall using the fwstart command.
5.  Start the Policy Editor and go to Manage > Services, and edit the
HTTPS service.
6.  Re-define the 'Protocol Type' as a URI.

For this example, we will create 'Test' as the user and use FW
Authentication.

7.  Ensure that the authentication method used is enabled in the
FireWall object.
8.  Place the users in a group.

For this example, we will use 'User_Auth_group' as the source of this
rule.

9.  Ensure that there are no existing rules that allow HTTPS, and
create a new rule as follows:

User_Auth_Group@<any>     /     Any     /     HTTPS     /     User
Auth    /     Long

10.  Edit the User Auth action of this rule and define 'All Servers'.
11.  Install this policy.
12.  Modify the Client's machine that is being Authorized for HTTPS:
13.  Open the browser and edit the Proxy properties to reflect a
change for Security or HTTPS Proxy, and point it at the internal
FireWall interface, port 443.

At this point you should be able to enter an address such as
https://www.firemail.de (or equivalent) in the browser, and a User
Authentication box should pop up.

1.  Enter Username the password.
2.  Verify that the site loads.