Re: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] Stonebeat Sync Problems

Excuse me,
Does stonebeat fullcluster is certified for NG AI? As
CP doesn't give support; stated that it's not
certified.

--- "Vogel, Jochen" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is the nice answer from stonebeat
>
> FullCluster can be used with firewalls that do not
> have any state sync mechanism as well as with those
> firewalls, that have state sync mechanism.
> Even if firewall has a state sync mechanism, there
> can be reasons why that mechanism can not be used.
> During upgrade, when nodes have different versions
> from firewall software, state sync can crash the
> system. Some memory structure problems are more
> easily seen when state information is synced. A bug
> or limitation in the firewall software can prevent
> using sync in some platforms or in the case of some
> special kind of traffic.
>
> FullCluster has been designed in a way that it does
> not need state sync during normal operation. Instead
> of trusting that state sync fixes problems with
> asymmetry, connections are handled symmetrically.
> The role of state sync is only to support fail-over
> of connections when there is a need to move
> connections between nodes. If state sync can not be
> used, then existing connections are lost in such
> situation.
>
> State sync is a FW-1 feature, that has been in FW-1
> for a long time. Currently it is located and
> configured under ClusterXL settings, even when using
> state sync does not need any clusterXL license or
> actual clusterXL functionality. When some FW-1
> version is tested with FullCluster, it does not mean
> that this specific FW-1 version is claimed to be
> free from limitations and bugs. It is tested that
> FullCluster does not prevent the firewall version
> from operating at the level that FW-1 version
> operates. Installing FullCluster does not remove any
> limitations that FW-1 version might have.

> today i upgraded all checkpoints to NG AI.
> it seems to be working fine.
>
> regards
> jo

ftp://download.stonesoft.com/web/Support/StoneBeat/PublicDocs/
> > FullCluster/fw
> > -1/3.0/release-notes/sbfc30sp3-2relnote.pdf

flags=1001843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,MULTI_BCAST,IPv4>
> mtu
> > > 1500 index 2
> > > inet 192.168.92.33 netmask fffffff0 broadcast
> 192.168.92.47
> > >
> > > ether 8:0:20:c9:44:49
> > >
> > > thx for help
> > > jo