Re: [FW-1] Experience with Checkpoint SNMPD?

Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2003 22:38 schrieben Sie:
> Dan,
> Checkpoint snmpd is enabled though cpconfig (or fwconfig on 4.1). Remember
> that only the checkpoint mib is available through the cp snmpd and that
> it's running on port 261. I don't think it's easily possible to pass this
> info to ucd-snmp and I'm not sure why you would want this.
>
> Lars

Hi,

I think Checkpoint snmpd listens on port 260/udp. But you can configure it.

It is not possible to have a Master- / Subagent structure with normal SNMP
agents like ucdsnmp, solaris, checkpoint or stonesoft agents.

You have to use special agents where such a Master- / Subagent structure is
possible and where it is possible to wrap other native agents (from
Checkpoint) into the system. I suggest to have a look at snmp.com They sell
such systems.

You can also contact me for further questions ;-)