Re: [FW-1] 2 External Interfaces VPN

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] 2 External Interfaces VPN
  • From: "Grabowski, David" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:29:54 -0400
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

I would think that having two "external" interfaces defined on your
firewall would cause numerous problems.

What I would do --

- Define your internet-facing interface as "external"
- Define the networks that are on the WAN as being behind the WAN
interface
- If SecureRemote wants to traverse the Internet for their connections,
perhaps you can add some static routing on their side so that their
traffic destined for your gateway traverses the WAN instead...

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments, if any, are confidential. It is neither an offer to buy or sell, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, any securities or any related financial instruments mentioned in it. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Unless otherwise indicated, copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the sole property of Mizuho Securities USA Inc.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We make no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).