[FW-1] SmartCenter NGFP4 can't be installed on Sol9

Hi,

sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm new on the list.

I just ran into a problem and can't find a solution yet:

I've freshly installed a Sun SunFire V240 with Solaris 9, 4/03,
patch cluster downloaded and installed yesterday, with two
harddisks and Software-Raid installed. OS runs well.

Now I tried to install a Management-Center (SmartCenter only, no
Enforcement module) from NGFP4. The system can't even be installed
properly. Within the installation procedure or when calling cpconfig,
the Certificate Authority (menu 6) is executed, and in
$FWDIR/conf the files

InternalCA.NDB  InternalCA.p12  InternalCA.tag

are generated, and in

/var/opt/CPshrd-54/registry

the generated entry is
                        : (SIC
                                :ICAState ("[4]1")
                                :ICAdn ("o=fzrmgmt..99nnw9")
                        )

but the certificate is not recognized.
Select the menu 7 in cpconfig to show the certificate's
fingerprint produces an error message

Configuring Certificate's Fingerprint...
The fingerprint can be displayed only after a certificate is created
for this machine.

Starting the cpd is also not possible:

# cpd
 Initializing CPD
[15 Sep 18:55:15] Failed to initialize SIC. Exiting ...

which might be caused by the same reason why cpconfig can't calculate a
fingerprint.

For some reason the generated certificate is not recognized.

Any idea what to do?

(Yes, I've rebooted and reinstalled several times. I've also
trussed the processes, it seems to be a problem of HKLM_registry.data.)

regards
Hadmut