[FW-1] reporting server / log-path

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] reporting server / log-path
  • From: Reinhard Stich <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:19:12 +0200
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

hi,

I have a fw1 mgmt station with smart reporter.

because of disk-space I changed the log-path (using the registry-settings)
and now we get the following error-message:

Wed Sep 03 13:31:39 2003        Error:LEA session with the log server was
closed
 Wed Sep 03 13:31:39 2003       Note:the Log Consolidator Engine will try
to reconnect the Log Server every 10 minutes.

Engine current status:                  Trying to reconnect
        The Engine cannot read the log file from the Log Server,

and will automatically try to reconnect every several minutes.

        For an immediate retry, restart the Engine using the 'Start' option.
 Last command:                          Install
                                                (since Wed Sep 03
13:21:33 2003)

 Last startup at:                       Wed Sep 03 13:21:33 2003
 Log records processed since startup:   0 (Stored:0  Ignored:0)
 Currently open consolidated records:   0
 Consolidated records loaded to DB:     0 (Permanent:0  Temporary:0)
 Consolidation rate:                    0%

---Extra information---

Current run:
 Current installed policy:              out_of_the_box
                                                (since Wed Sep 03
13:21:33 2003)
 Current target table:                  CONNECTIONS
 Current log server:                    x.x.x.x
 Start scanning at:                     Marker of 'Sequence' log file
                                                Beginning of file
 Log file currently scanned:            2003-08-26_235900.log  (Position:
1461520)
 After scanning log file:               Wait for new log records

Database statistics:
 Database usage:                        96% (Total:744272 KB  Unoccupied:
30536 KB)
 Database size limit:                   20971519 KB
 Database memory size:                  34675 KB
 Database log size:                     2602 KB

do you know how I tell the reporter where the fw1-logs are?

cheers
reinhard

--
Reinhard Stich,   ASSIST    [email protected]
Internet Security AG, 1190 Wien, Nussdorfer Laende 29-33