Re: [FW-1] Problems pushing policies on IP440 with NG AI

Aaron wrote:

> First things first- you need more RAM.  I hate to break it to
> you, but 64MB is not going to cut it.  You could possibly get by with
> 128MB, but I would recommend at least 256MB.

Adding my voice to this: Yes. 256MB minimum for a workable configuration. Do
not even think about less. The maximum in a IP440 is 768MB. Takes PC-100 ECC
CL-2 Micron modules, which you can get from Nokia or Crucial. ECC can be
enabled through BIOS, which needs a keyboard and monitor. Not enabling ECC
will work, but you don't get the ECC benefits, obviously.

>  The only way to get your swap
> space up, is to reinstall IPSO.  When it boots, hit enter during boot, and

> type "install".

Actually, a 440 does not have a boot manager. You will need a boot floppy,
and a CD-ROM or FTP server (your choice) with ipso.tgz on it, either
3.6-FCS7 or 3.7b23. You can use the 3.6-FCS3 boot floppy (3.6-FCS6 boot
floppy has issues) or the 3.7b23 boot floppy. Reinstalling this way will
wipe your box completely, repartition it, and in that process set your swap
to 1GB.

Shawn

Please note that:

1. This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this confidential email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on this information.
2. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.
3. The contents of this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.
4. The company does not conclude contracts by email and all negotiations are subject to contract.
5. The company accepts no responsibility once an e-mail and any attachments is sent.

http://www.integralis.com