[FW-1] Location of Win2K VPN Server

Dear All,

We are trying to establish a VPN with one of our remote site using Windows
2000 operating system built-in VPN functionality.  The configuration of
network topology under consideration is as follows:

Our Lan  ------->  Firewall-1 -----> Win2k VPN -----> **ISP**
<---------Win2k VPN at Branch Office  <----Lan

Things to note on the above topology:

a) Both the sites are connected to same ISP - reason being DSL being
provided by him is cheaper than other dedicated point to point
communication link

b) Our Lan is protected by firewall but branch office Lan does not have any
firewall

c) Our VPN server (the builtin Win2k functionality) is outside our firewall

I would like to have your feedback / comments on the above topology
specially on exposure of Win2k VPN server(s) to ISP/Internet (mentioned in
point c).

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.

Iftikhar A. Dar