[FW-1] Question About Upgrade Procedure

Hi guys and girls:

I have a customer using a stand alone installation on a solaris machine,
using Checkpoint 4.1, and we are going to migrate, in first place, to a
distributed installation and after to the last version to checkpoint, i
mean AI. We have a new microsoft server for the new smartcenter server,
so the point is to preserve the actual management console and firewall
still the new firewall (Nokia IP330) and management server have all the
configuration (objects, policy package, etc) previously loaded and
installed.

I have been looking for a procedure and tools to do it, and apparently
the best way to do this is the next:

1) Install NG FP1 in the new smarcenter server
2) Upgrade the 4.1 objects.c file to NG
3) Merge the 4.1  objects.c file and the objects.c file of the new
management server. (usual named empy_objects)
4) Replicate the policy package in the new management server
5) Install the policy.

6) Finally upgrade the bundle (smart center an new firewall) to AI

PD.- The issue is, has anyone test somethong similar to this without
problem with both management servers objects in the same file ????

Regards