[FW-1] SecurePlatform FP3 hangs on boot

I am experiencing much the same problem as John Santiago posted in January
- i.e. Splat boots OK in debug mode, but hangs when normal mode is
selected.
Did anyone respond to John's posting - I can't see anything on the archive.
Can anyone help?
Does anyone have any documentation about debug mode?

My FW was fine until a power cut last night exhausted the UPS, now it will
only boot in debug mode.

Julian Burton
Network Administrator
Zenith Insurance

 John Santiago

 Hi to all,

 I'm having a problem with my Secure Platform FP3 installed on Compaq
 DL-590, actually my CheckPoint installation was distributed my Firewall
 module was installed on Compaq Dl-590 (securePlatfom ) and my management
 server was installed on Windows 2K advance server. may problem is whenever
 i boot the secureplatform in normal mode it takes a long time or may i say
 the systems is hang but when I choose the boot up process to debug mode i
 dont encounter a problem during boot-up. as of now I always choose the
 debug mode.

 Just want to know if somebody there experienced the same problem with
 SecurePlatform

 by the way I already installed the Hotfix for Secureplatform FP3.

 Firewall NG FP3 Secure Platform (Module only) System information:

 Server Model: Compaq DL-590

 Processor: (2) PIII Xeon 900

 Memory: 2 GB RAM

 Disk Space: 4 x 18.2 GB

 With eleven interfaces

 2 x Compaq 10/100 BaseTX NC3134 with 2 ports NIC

 4 x 10/100/1000Base-T NC7131GB NIC

 1 x Compaq 10/100 BaseTX NC3134 with 2 ports NIC

 and 1 Compaq NC6132 Gigabit Module

Zenith Insurance Management Limited    Registered No. 3805632
Registered @ Zenith House, Market Place, Haywards Heath,
West Sus, RH16 1DB.

NOTICE:
the [email protected] and delete the message
and any attachments accompanying it immediately.