[FW-1] Logexport limitation/questions - Please help

Hi All,

We are running CP-NG FP3 on the Solaris 2.8 and
recently we are having problem with our FW log and
would appreciate if someone known/seen/fixed this
problem can drop us some hints

i.e:

(1) The Firewall automatically created new log file
after the current fw.log file size came to 2Gb

(2) We tried to export that log file (2Gb in size) and
the export balied out when the output ASCII file come
to 2Gb (NOT 100 % completed YET)

We do not think it is the limitation of the OS
(Solaris 2.8) since we can manually create 3Gb files
NOR the disk space problem (10Gb free)

        ( and we are using this command to export the log
file

                # fwm logexport -i input-file -o output-file -n
        )

(3) Does anyone know how to export just the portion of
the log file

        e.g:   from record number 100th to record number
200th or all the records from 9:00Am - 10 AM using the
CLI

        (with GUI export the format is different)

Many Thanks.

Trung Nguyen
Email: [email protected]

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com