Re: [FW-1] SecureRemote - NATTing issue??

Thank you Jim, I reviewed the docs for the XP NAT patch and it seems like a very
likely source to begin, so I will ask, as I do not think they are aware of this patch.  I pressed my client twice now about whether other clients are experiencing the same problem and he said he does not have access but I will press him for a third time, as this is an important question.  I also already asked him if there were any personal firewall on the client XP box or if there ever were and he said he would ask - I know this can also cause some serious issues.  I don't think PGP is involved but another good question I will forward to him.  When the problem occurs, he can still get connection to the Internet.  No error logs are showing anything of interest, other than the usual 'drop packets' cannot reach destination (or something that doesn't say anything that offers a lead to an investigation).

Jim Laverty <[email protected]> wrote:
Chris,

A few questions for you:

Does the client have the latest XP NAT patch from Microsoft installed?

Do other users connect from the client site w/o any problems? If so, are
they running the same OS and SR client?

Are there any software based firewalls running on the client machine (e.g.
BlackICE, Norton Firewall, Zone Alarm, etc)?

I have seen PGPNet cause problems with SecureClient on XP.

When the problem occurs can he get connectivity to the internet (e.g. can he
ping, ssh, telnet mail.. 25, etc to non-internal boxes)?

Are any errors logged in the system event log during the anomaly?