Re: [FW-1] Radius Server Not Responding

The RADIUS server (CiscoACS) is sending back an attribute outside those
defined in the RFC. You need to configure the firewall to ignore the
attribute.

Here are the notes from my Repair Ticket:

Some additional research over the weekend confirmed the issue with
attribute 88. By design the firewall will reject any RADIUS accept
packet if it contains an attribute outside those listed in the RFC. It
will not simply ignore any "vendor specific" attribute.
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2138.html

There are several knowledge base articles on the CheckPoint site
referring to this issue. The articles were searched on keywords of
"RADIUS and attributes". The articles were primarily written using
information from version 4.1 and apply mostly in concept to NG. There is
a log file in the log directory which will identify the offending
attribute. The log file listed in the knowledge base article is
incorrect. There is a configuration of the objects.C file specify RADIUS
attributes to ignore.

The change in behavior between version 3.1 and version 3.0 of the ACS
server must include the transmission of attribute 88 using our
configuration.

I plan on making modifications to the objects.C file today and updating
the ACS server to its original configuration in version 3.1 prior to the
outage on Friday.

3/19/03 JBB
Downloaded a GUI DBEdit utility from  CheckPoint and made the
ignore_radius modification to the objects.c file. This should fix the
radius problem.