Re: [FW-1] VPN + Secure Platform NAT problems + Cisco VPN Concent rator

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] VPN + Secure Platform NAT problems + Cisco VPN Concent rator
  • From: Brendan Laws <[email protected]>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:58:39 +1000
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Paul,

The tunnel is set up correctly, I send of a ping to something in the
partners VPN domain and the tunnel sets up fine, when I send any other
kind of traffic from my internal host it dies.

I can confirm the NATing works as if I sit on the internal host and say
browse a website from that PC, the source address given to the web
server is that of the statically NATed address (which is what needs to
happen)

It is only when traversing down the VPN tunnel does it not seem to be
using the NATed address as the source even though the log viewer is
telling me it has translated the address, the cisco at the other end is
seeing the 10.x address as the source, so firewall-1 is not NATing
properly through the VPN tunnel.

Cheers,

Brendan