Re: [FW-1] client to site vpn issues

Thanks Bill. Unfortunately that does not work for me.  Below is what I see on my firewall..its always the same code (0019 ) but I can't find a source to tell me what the code means. Anyone?

Number:                                 11575
Date:                                   2Sep2003
Time:                                   8:06:27
Product:                                VPN-1 & FireWall-1
Interface:                              daemon
Origin:                                 wrha001fw05 (x.x.x.x)
Type:                                   Log
Action:                                 Key Install
Source:                                 wrha001fw05 (x.x.x.x)
Destination:                            n.n.n.n
User:                                   vpntest
Encryption Scheme:              IKE
VPN Peer Gateway:               n.n.n.n
IKE Phase2 Message ID:  a049e14a
Information:                            IKE: Quick Mode Sent Notification: Client Encrypt Notification: [0019] The user is not defined properly.

thx
Matt

>>> [email protected] 09/02/03 06:57AM >>>
Yes, I have had this same problem. I unchecked 'Force UDP Encapsulation'
on the client and the issue went away. When connecting from NG with AI
client to FP3 Gateway, it was fine. It was just with AI to AI. Very weird.
I haven't found a solution yet, just unchecking it as the workaround.

--
Bill Mathews
Open Source Security Advocate