Re: [FW-1] FW1 cpWatchDog: [ERROR] Process FWD terminated abnormally : Unhandled exception 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION).

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] FW1 cpWatchDog: [ERROR] Process FWD terminated abnormally : Unhandled exception 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION).
  • From: "HAHN,OLIVIER (HP-France,ex2)" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:51:04 +0200
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hello,

We run Checkpoint NG3 on a Windows NT Server and found exactly the same
error that has been
reported May 8th at the URL http://lists.virus.org/fw1-0305/msg00169.html
cpWatchDog: [ERROR] Process FWD terminated abnormally : Unhandled exception
0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION).

When that error appears, the firewall does not respond.

However I didn't find any answer on the web, but could anybody let me know
if this issue has been identified and fixed ?

In addition I have found other errors in the events.

The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( FireWall-1 ) could not be
found. It contains the following insertion string(s): Logging in >>>>.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( FireWall-1 ) could not be
found. It contains the following insertion string(s): ps fetch: Couldn't get
masters from masters file: The system cannot find the file specified..

FW1SVC: Fetching DT Security Policy from management failed

Multihomed host detected; Primary IP assumed is :

cpWatchDog: [ERROR] Process FWD terminated abnormally : Unhandled exception
0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION).

Thanks in advance for any help on these errors.

Kind Regards,

Olivier HAHN
HP Managed Services EMEA      Networks
Tel:     +33 (0)47614 1889