From: Andres Zorrilla [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: jeudi 28 août 2003 15:15
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] upgrade to fp3 and IPSO

Hello Nicolas / Albert,

Well, this is my first time that i need to do the upgrade of the IOS, and
the nokia is in a important customer, so i have done a summary for do this
task, please tell me if this steps are correct (The scenario is a box Nokia
IP 530 IPSO 3.5 and FP2, the module and management are in the same box):

1.-    First upgrade the FW-1 from FP2 to FP3 with the command "newpkg".
        In the papers that i have been reading don't say anything about the
steps that i need follow after of  the enter this command, coul you tell me
if you remember         what are this steps ? I don't know is this menu
could install the module and de management ? Do you know it ?

2.-    Second i have to enter the command: "newimage -k -l ipso.tgz". Now
whe question is when i boot the box it will boot with the OS changed to IPSO
        3.6? Is necesary activate the new IPSO 3.6?

Do you have some tips to do this work ? The problem is that i never have
done any upgrade in boxes NOKIA and i am worried about that. I have to do
this work in at least 3 hours so i need your advices before it. Would you
mind telling me this advices ?

Thanks in advance

Andres Zorrilla