Re: [FW-1] fw.exe - application error

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] fw.exe - application error
  • From: Lars Troen <[email protected]>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:29:40 +0200
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Suriyanto,
In version 4.0 such problems were quite common until fw-1-4-SP5. SP6a on
NT4 is ok.

I'm not sure if you can downlaod this update from checkpoint anymore as
this product is OLD and support for it ended in November 2001.

To block spam you should use another product as fw-1 is not suited for
this kind of operation. I recommend a linux box with postfix+rbl,
perhaps SpamAssassin. Works good for us and others.

Lars