Re: [FW-1] Redirecting a print job

At 13:07 21.08.2003 -0400, you wrote:
Is there a way to configure Checkpoint Firewall to redirect a print
job.  The print job is coming from an external ip and is directed at the
firewall's external IP address and I want to redirect it to the internal
ip address of one of our printers?

I basically want to tell the Checkpoint Firewall that if it sees anything coming from a certain external ip (1.2.3.4) using port to send it to the printer's ip address (the printer is on the internal network).

Any ideas out there and is this possible?

yes - manual NAT rules. the only restriction is that this port must not be used by any fw1-service.

orig:
<partners-external-IP1> -> <my-external-IP-1> <printing port>

translate:
<partners-external-IP1> -> <my-printer-IP-1> <printing port>

cheers
reinhard

--
Reinhard Stich,   ASSIST    [email protected]
Internet Security AG, 1190 Wien, Nussdorfer Laende 29-33