Re: [FW-1] invalid certificate on second external interface of VPN GW

Thanks for your comments, Carlos:

You lost me here. Why should the certs be exported/imported when CP
is capable by transporting them over the network? In the version
that I use of CP any new gateway automagickally starts using the
internal CA in the management server over the network.

> So if i am correct you will need first to export both internal CA
> certificates:
> Manage->Servers and OPSEC Applications-> "internal_ca"
> Tab "Local management server" and click on "save as"
>
> Then import the key into each Gateway:
> Manage->Servers and OPSEC Applications-> "New certificate Authority"
> Give it a name, and select "External Check Point CA" under the
> "Certificate Authority" drop down box.
> Got to the new tab "External Check Point CA" and click on "get"
>  and select the peer exported certificate.
>
> You are done to try the VPN.
>
> Another thing you need to know is that the peer gateway object you must
> have allready created must be matched with the FQDN used to create the
> CA internal certificate during
> instalation. If you don't know it, just click on "view" after importing
> the certificate,
> you will see something like O=gateway.domain.com..4gwy52 (forget about
> the last "..*" of course).
> This must be done else they'll never be able to validate when resolving
> the name in the certificate with the peer gateway name...normally no one

Yes, I also think the cert is checked against the hostname/ip address of the
peer.
In my setup, gateway A only has one cert but two external interfaces. The
cert matches the hostname (= gwa-ext) which has the same name as the first
primary external interface (for example gwa-ext)
But the cert does not match the second external interface (for example
gwa-ext2)
The remote gateways that try to make an SA through gwa-ext will see a valid
cert,
but the remote gateways that try to make an SA through gwa-ext2 will notify
an invalid
cert, and I wont get an SA also :(