Re: [FW-1] Ping from nokia to outside taking too much time to start

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Ping from nokia to outside taking too much time to start
  • From: "Laidlaw, Rob" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:23:31 -0500
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

ping -n x.x.x.x   no name resolution

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Reinhard Stich [mailto:[email protected]]
        Sent: Mon 8/18/2003 7:31 AM
        To: [email protected]

        hi,

        re-check your /etc/resolv.conf if there is a dns entry.

        is the first packet you see with seq=0 or seq=60?

        cheers
        reinhard

        At 18:08 18.08.2003 +0800, you wrote:
        >Hi there,
        >

        >We are using IP740 and configured in our network. No dns entries
        >configured. CP Firewall yet to install. Intially we are checking the
        >routing between our networks. Using static routes.When we start a ping
        >process to start the command it's taking more than a min.
        >
        >Any one has any solution.
        >
        >Thanks N Rgds
        >Siva Prasad K.
        >

        >----------
        >Siva Prasad K.
        >Network Consultant
        >Micro United Network Pte Ltd
        >Ph: +65-65470560
        >Fax: +65-65470561
        >HP: +65-98507956

        >[email protected]

        Reinhard Stich,   ASSIST    [email protected]
        Internet Security AG, 1190 Wien, Nussdorfer Laende 29-33
        Tel: +43 1 370 94 40  RS784-RIPE Fax: +43 1 370 94 40-10

Disclaimer - 08/18/2003
This information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1.  Access to this Internet email by anyone else is unauthorized.

EnvestnetPMC, Inc. does not accept time-sensitive transactional messages, including orders to buy and sell securities, account allocation instructions, or any other instructions affecting a client account, via e-mail.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and immediately and permanently delete it and destroy any copies of it that were printed out.  When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this email is subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing EnvestnetPMC terms of business or agreements.