Re: [FW-1] Nokia IP 440 IPSO issue-answer!

Resolution 945: use of ifconfig (Do not use this to make any changes) Subject:use of ifconfig (Do not use this to make any changes)Product Line:IPSO (Operating System)Category:System ConfigurationVersion:3.0 And LaterDate Modified:09/11/1998 Description:Customer stated that ifconfig does not work in the traditional UNIX manner for changing the configuration or state of an interface, and may have contributed to a panic Solution:ifconfig is supported for informational purposes only. to implement changes in the state or configuration of an interface, use Voyager (or Lynx).

"Scott M. Trieste" <[email protected]> wrote:Colleagues,

I am using a Nokia IP 440 running IPSO 3.5. I'm trying to change the IP address of an interface and there seems to be some gremlins. I am using the following syntax:

ifconfig eth-s2p0c0 192.168.1.1 up netmask 255.255.255.224

The IP seems change fine except for when I plug the interface back in. Is there a command switch that will force the new IP address?

Thanks in advance.

-Scott

George C
Network/Security Engineer