Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote "communication with gateway failed"

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote "communication with gateway failed"
  • From: Frank Darden <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:28:09 -0400
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been keeping up with the list! :)
Anyway, I have NEVER had to rebuild when making this change. The most
you MIGHT need to do is to perform a SIC reset, but I haven't had to do
this either. I have been on a bunch of Field Service calls lately where
we were in and out in 5 minutes because of this issue. All we did was
change the general tab and push policy, as the internalCa is associating
itself with the external IP. What you are seeing now IS the result of it
being "broken."   If you have to rebuild the gateway because of this, I
suggest you study the internal ca aspects of Firewall-1. You will find
that a rebuild is not necessary. Please anyone let me know if your
experience says otherwise.

Frank Darden
Mission Critical Systems, Inc.-----Original Message-----