Re: [FW-1] Error when adding ARP entry on Nokia 440

Hi again,

Thank you very much for getting back to me!

The interface where I am trying to add the ARP entry is a VRRP backup
interface.

When I tried to add the ARP entry using the CLI I get a similar error:

KERPHY 002  libdb_do_transaction: connection closed during operation

It would be great if someone could explain what could cause this problem,
as even if I rebuild the machine it might happen again.

Regards,

Harald

|---------+-------------------------------------------->
|         |           Mitchell                         |
|         |           <[email protected]>  |
|         |           Sent by: Mailing list for        |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           KPOINT.COM>                      |
|         |                                            |
|         |                                            |
|         |           08/11/2003 06:42 PM              |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list   |
|         |           for discussion of Firewall-1     |
|         |                                            |
|---------+-------------------------------------------->
  |       To:       [email protected]                                                                   |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Harald Astrand/ICC)                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [FW-1] Error when adding ARP entry on Nokia 440                                                          |

> When I try to add an ARP entry in Voyager on one of our Nokia IP440s
I get
> the following error message:
>
> libdb_do_transaction: connection closed during operation.
>
> We are using using IPSO version 3.6 FCS7.

Is this interface a VRRP backup?  Do you have this problem with all
interfaces?
You can try it with CLI, otherwise you may have to rebuild the box.

type "clish"

type "'add arpproxy address <ip_address> macaddress <mac_address>"

type "save config"

type "show arpproxy all"