Re: [FW-1] MANUAL NAT

Hello there,

You have to either :

* Define a NAT PROXY for the public address on the nokia. You can see if
it's active by doing an 'arp -a' in the shell. It'll list all arp it has
in its table. So if you find your external address being listed with the
correct MAC address, it should work.

* You can let the upstream router do the job and install an host route
into its routing table, pointing to your firewall.

JF

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, George Munyua wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
>
> I've enabled manual NAT on Checkpoint NG FP3 to my web server on DMZ.
> However I still can't get through from the internet. I have also put in a
> rule to allow access to the web server. Do I need to register the public NAT
> IP on the arp table? How is this done on Nokia IP 100?
>
> Regards,
>
> George Munyua
> Professional Services Unit
> Fintech Kenya Ltd
> 16th Floor Ambank Hse
> Tel: +(254-2)-221754
> Cell: +(254-0722)-322537
> Fax: +(254-2)-213136
> e-mail: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
>
> "Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do.
> Attitude determines how well you do it."- Lou Holtz
>

>   _____
>

> <http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=hotbar%5felement%3
> bst%3b&SG=&RAND=60525> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

> [email protected]

Jean-Francois Gobin - Administrateur gobinjf.be
http://www.gobinjf.be   mailto:[email protected]