From: rif raf [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1]

We are in the process of setting up a site-to-site vpn between our NG FP2
and an externally managed V4.1.

Firstly, I need to check with the other folks on what is the difference
creating a policy in simplified and traditional modes.

Using traditional mode, stuff like "support aggressive mode" can be set
under the IKE/Advanced option.
However, this is not possible under simplified mode when the firewall/vpn
object is attached to the vpn community.

Using simplified mode, the initial error encountered was "aggressive mode
not supported". I have to set ike_p1_use_aggressive to true in objects_5_0.C
file and this error was not seen further. But the next error encountered was
"proposal not chosen". We finally decided to go back to traditional mode but
is there a utility to move all the rules from simplified mode to traditional
mode?

If simplified mode is the way to go in the future, what about site-to-site
with non-checkpoint vpn products?

TIA.
Rif