Re: [FW-1] Blocking Messenger Applications

By design no workstation has direct access to the Internet, this is very
handy since this prevents virus or bots from working properly.
This allows me to block some Messengers using Smart Defence and other simply
on the proxy server.
Okay it's an ongoing battle that would be easily won if management would put
action behind words... -Alas I can live with that as long as I have free
hands to enforce rules like these on the network.

This setup has proven to be ideal since I can also block access to the
different websites that installs small "helper" programs Precision time,
Gator, Hotbar etc.

It would be nice to just be able to buy a Firewall and then be able to lean
back knowing that all is fine, but the major issue is, like you all know,
how you design the systems.
Best Regards
Morten Jensen