Re: [FW-1] Blocking Messenger Applications

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Blocking Messenger Applications
  • From: "Covington, Chris" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:22:27 -0400
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Never mind, I think I see those options under Smart Defense.  The only
problem is, for that to work I believe the only protocol you can allow
outbound is HTTP, otherwise the IM services would use any other
available ports.  I wonder if they could use the HTTPS port too?  I
don't know how anyone can only allow HTTP and not HTTPS...

Chris