[FW-1] To build with a Real IP or Not?

That is the question, among others...

I am moving 1 firewall and a coupla boxes into a 1/4 rack of colo space next week. I am trying to build the infrastructure at home, ( I have a bunch of switches and routers at the crib) have all of the policies configured so on move in day I have 1 less thing to worry about. A couple of issues, that are really screwing me up are...

1. I am new to Checkpoint

2. I am guessing at the best way to do this

3. Trying to do this on the floor of the colo space is a really bad idea.

4. I got the "No valid license" coming back when I try to log into the smartcenter server

My IP space is public, of course, and at first I figured I would build the FW with a private IP 192.168.0.11 on the primary interface, and just move the IP/licensing when I got there. My first attempt was slightly successful as I was able to setup a secureplatform standalone server, log into it, and push a policy. So I figured at that point, I would set up a "fake" infrastructure using the real IP so that when I moved in the licensing would be set, I wouldn't have to move the IP/licensing, bla bla bla.

I moved the IP in the usercenter, installed a new license, everything looked fine, I was using windows 2k server box to manage it and handle DNS, and then windows box would not connect, windows kept complaining about the IP and I guess I could have set up reverse DNS on the IP and maybe it would have worked, but I decided to go back to my original plan of setting up using a private IP and moving the IP later. So I reinstalled the first license I created at the user center, and when I connected to the server with smartdashboard , I got a "No valid license could be found.

I uninstalled the licenses from the command line, did a cplic print to check that the licenses are gone, then I do an add and I see my license, I do a cplic db_print -all and I get nothing. I tried adding the license file with a cplic db_add and that fails.

So I figure that the smartdashboard or the smartcenter server know that I had created another license and are upset. And I burned a day screwing around with this and I am really shooting in the dark here. Is it possible to use a private IP and move it, relatively easily?

What in the heck can you do about No valid license?

Here is my lic info, I saw another post and some dude asked for it so here it is

Sign {
LICENSE 192.168.0.11 never CPVP-VSO-5-3DES-MODULE-NG CPVP-VPS-1-NG CK-C900B53B3D4F
}= udjLXBvf-EyHatjyp3-Loau6qNvz-9BXGhqhay Index=0 Version=0