Re: [FW-1] Subject: vpn behind nat?

Is there another option instead of doing the search and replace in userc.c?    If I flip the resolve_interface_ranges_nated_gw value by using SmartDashboard in AI...will this basically allow it to work?

Or is that my only option?

thx
Matt

>>> [email protected] 07/30/03 12:28PM >>>
The following needs to be "port translated" from the external natting
router, indeed to the external ip of the firewall.
500 udp&tcp
2746 udp
50 ip (esp)
264 tcp (topo download)
if using Secureclient & Office mode, also 18231 tcp & 18233, 18234 udp

Be advised that the SR clients will download a useless topology, since the
external ip of the FW is non routable. Basically, you will need to do a
search and replace in userc.c file, and replace any occurence of the FW
external ip by the real public ip.

Jose Garcia
Technical Network Consultant
CSS N.V.
Tel: +32 475 66.04.05
Fax: +32 2 718.52.20
Email: [email protected]

>Date:    Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:40:16 -0500
>From:    Matt Kehler <[email protected]>
>Subject: vpn behind nat?

>I want to create a (client to site) VPN terminating on NG AI, but the
firewall does NOT have a public routable IP >available. I am under the
impression that I can NAT one of my public IP address *to* the firewall.
If this is >correct; what ports to I need to NAT over?