[FW-1] Management NG AI - Module 4.1

Hello,
I have migrated my local managemet and my modules to NG AI. Mgmt is Solaris
9, formerly it was on a different machine with differnt hostname and
different IP.
I also have a remote site FW-1 still with 4.1 Sp6 SSL Hotfix. I am managing
this box still with my old mgmt (4.1 SP6) since i cannot get the new mgmt to
talk to it. The new mgmt has BC installed. First I thought upgrade_im- and
_export would pick the putkeys also, but this did not work. Then I did the
putkeys manually from module to new mgmt and vice versa, I also tried fw
putkey -n, both to no extend.
The remote machine has the right ruleset to allow the new mgmt. When I try
to install a new policy from Smart Center, I get an error "Connection
refused" without any further details. In the logviewer I see the connections
being accepted. fwd.elg shows nothing. Fw fetch also does not work.
So, where is the trick to get my old 4.1 module to speak to my new mgmt? Any
ideas?
Cheers
Steffen