[FW-1] Any clue on this one?

Colleagues,

I have an issue with HHTP requests through the FW-1 v.4.1 (AIX 4.3.3 main.
Level ML 6) from the remote site that has been converted to the Ethernet.
After conversion, users complain that when they start the IE browser, the
first response is FW-1 error. After they type the URL address manually and
hit the Enter key or "Go" button, the connection to the Internet is
successful.

The FW is redirecting the request to the Proxy server that is set up under
Policy Properties (HTTP Next Proxy). The proxy address in the IE browser is
set to the primary FW interface.

I found that the dropped packets are directed to the interface itself, and
obviously they are dropped by the Stealth rule and they use NAT. The good
packets are processed by daemon and do not use NAT.

One more thing: I have multiple Ethernet subnets that don't complain but the
only two of them that are having the problem. I have tried to put those
subnets in the first rule with no success.

Any clue on this one? Did anyone of you have a similar issue?

Best regards,

Roman M. Zeltser,

@National Computer Center

DNE, RSIS