Re: [FW-1] IPSEC tunnel between Cisco Router and CheckPoint NG

Its as simple as configuring two FW1's to build VPN tunnels between each
other in Legacy Mode.

Make sure you define encryption on the FP3 firewall to the highest that
the Cisco will support (or lowest, depends whether you want higher
security or packet throughput), ensure your Cisco is running the IPSec
enabled IOS (make sure yours has enough memory to support the IOS, blah
blah blah), then set the Crypto config up on the Cisco to match the
Firewall, include the appropriate ACL's to decrypt / encrypt relevant
matches, make sure FW1 and Cisco DON?T NAT when they send encrypt
packets to the peer, open the right ports on any filtering devices you
may have in between (ESP and IKE probably) and give it a try.

You should be able to figure any mis-configuration out from the
"SmartView Tracker" (or log view as I like to call it).

Oh and I found that I had to set the object representing the Cisco to
"Firewall-1 Installed" or it refused to belive it was eligible to
participate in a VPN.

Hope that makes sense and helps, Im sure if Ive missed anything, someone
will let us know !!

Cheers

Ant