Re: [FW-1] Problem with FW1 4.1 under NT

Greetings!

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:20:36 -0300 Eial Wiznia
<[email protected]> wrote:

> When I go in the Policy Editor to file open, there are 2 zones:
> Available Security Policies (there is Standard, but when I open it I
> find it empty) and the Security Policies on Targets (there, is the
> security policy on the Firewall) I can show that policy, and there are
> all my rules, but there is no way to save the rulebase or reinstall it
> from there... What can I do? where can I get the rulebase from?

Seems your *.FWS file is corrupt. You can acquire your rules from the
*.W and objects.C files in your firewall conf directory. Copy those
files into a safe place. For nicer output you can use

        http://www.wyae.de/software/fw1rules/

so you at least can rescue your current settings (i.e. manually enter
them). ONLY AFTER you safely did a backup of your FW config, you can try

        http://www.phoneboy.com/fom-serve/cache/141.html

Qapla'

Volker Tanger