Checkpoint NG means :
- firewall module ?
- management station ?
- both ??

here are the pros and cons I found ...
nokia :
pros
- good OS (freebsd based)
- lot of features on the routing daemon (pim, igmp, ospf, rip, dvmrp,
etc.).
- vrrp (virtual IP address).
- OS and hardware sold by the same company (better support ??)
cons :
- no compilation environment (or very expensive), so it's quite hard to
add your own piece of software.
- quite expensive for x86 base

intel :
pros
- cheap
- you can chosse your favourite intel server
- you can add your own scripts or software
cons
- windows based (some will consider it as a pro)
- you have to add third party software for routing features the OS can't
do

but I guess you can find many more argumenst (pros and cons).

hope this'll help

nicolas figaro