-----Mensagem original-----
De: Damien Hart [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 14 de julho de 2003 19:15
Para: [email protected]
Assunto: Re: [FW-1] Possible memory leak in NG with Solaris 8

I saw what I thought was a memory leak in SecurePlatform too but when I
asked this list I was advised that it was Checkpoints dynamic use of memory.
When I started monitoring the memory usage with MRTG I would see the
available memory drop my 20-30 Meg a day on busy days, less on weekends, and
so when it got down to about 10 Meg free I got worried and rebooted it - not
wanting it to clag out on me.  I too noticed that a cpstop-cpstart had
almost no effect.  Then one day I decided to see what happened if I let it
go without rebooting, and it has been running like that since the first week
of April. It seems quite happy with between 5 and 20 Meg of memory free and
it does fluctuate within this range.

So I guess my point is that it may not be a problem at all if it is the same
thing we are talking about.

regards

Damo