Re: [FW-1] multicast between cluster members

Hi Wen,

we have been recognizing the same behaviour. Multicast IP packets
originating from the gateway when cpstart is performed. We had a service request at CP
secure trak.

Here is the answer by CP:
"After we tested this problem here, here is what we find out. In fact
ClusterXL, beginning with FP3 and also in Application Intelligence, will send IGMP
v2 membership packets from all cluster members. The behavior is as follows:
The firewall will usually send on IGMP leave packet to 224.0.0.2 for the
multicast group that had previously joined. The multicast address generated by
each cluster member is based on the last three octets of the gateway cluster IP
address. The firewall will send 3 IGMP membership packets to the other
members in the gateway cluster. This mechanism is hardcoded and cannot be disabled.
It is not recommended to block these packets on the firewall as this allows
ClusterXL to know what cluster members have come up or gone down via
cphastop/cphastart."

HTH
Andre