Re: [FW-1] VRRP broadcast pollution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darryl Luff" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 2:06 AM
Subject: Re: [FW-1] VRRP broadcast pollution

> Hi Ralf.
>
> If your entry point router is between the firewall and the LAN (where it
> would have to be to block the traffic), you shouldn't be seeing these
> packets on the LAN at all. The VRRP multicasts should stay on the subnet
> they originate on. If they are crossing the router, there is something
> astray with the configuration of your router, or you have your
> switches/VLANS tied together.

Hi Darryl

This may very well be the case. There's no real network device admin here
and I will have to do some reading up on the type of network device used. I
guess I'll be able to understand enough to set some filters for this. If
someone knows off the bat how to do this on Intel switches...feel free to
contact me off-list. 8-)

Regards
Ralf G.