From: Ralf Guenthner [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 9:59 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] VRRP broadcast pollution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reinhard Stich" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:44 PM

> you need this VRRP-traffic on every interface where you have a
> cluster-IP-address configured (on the external, on the internal, in
> the
DMZ
> and so on).
>
> the dedicated link (I guess) is for fw1-state-synchronisation, this is
> important too but has nothing to do with vrrp. only vrrp and
fw1-state-sync
> together are a good HA-solution.
>
> cheers
> reinhard

Reinhard,

so the only choice I have is to block those packets at the entry-point
(router) to our LAN, correct? I don't know about you, but I always strive to
reduce network traffic whenever possible. These packets are only needed by
the firewalls, but they travel around the whole network. I don't like that
<s>

Thanks for your answer.

Cheers
Ralf